News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

SW Motech centre stand VIBRATIONS/Weak springs

Started by Vampyre, June 23, 2016, 12:35:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vampyre

Hi everyone.

Is anyone also have troubles with SW Motech centre stand? I'm starting to think to get rid of it.
1) Vibrations. My foot pegs started to vibrate like crazy after I installed it, especially left one. After the run for 350 km I had a pain in the left leg like I walked all of them.
2) Low clearance/shaking on bad roads. Again, left side, in curves I started to scratch the ground. Then, we had a run to Ukraine(bad roads) and my friend rode behind me and noticed that on some humps the stand touches the ground.

Now I temporary tied it with a plastic band to a passenger foot peg but it obviously not what I expected.

Maybe I did something wrong?
885i T709 1999

Thierry

I have one on my Girly and never noticed vibrations. Surprised that it touches the ground. One of the spring (my guess is the big one) might be dead. You may want to check also that all the bolts (pegs mounts etc) are tightened. 
"Did it go as planned? No, but it was part of the plan!