News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

butterfly valve

Started by tonytiger, June 23, 2016, 04:11:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tonytiger

Hi Dose anyone know where to buy mikuni butterfly valves for 1996 steamer. Thanks

GavD

Try this place, used him for jets in the past. it does say he offers a range of parts for OEM mikuni's.

http://www.allensperformance.co.uk/
'98 Steamer (Black of course), '18 BMW R NineT Urban G/S

JayDub

I don't think they're available separately... try here as Steve will know:
http://www.motocarb.com

tonytiger

Thank you I'll give them a ring in the morning.

tonytiger

Had a bit play with the valve. Put it in other way it virtually fits,
as I cleaned it up I'm hoping with use it will seal itself. Once again
thanks for feedback.

Sin_Tiger

Just a thought. Is it no. 2? Have you adjusted the stops to try to try to get it close? These don't usually wear unless it's really high mileage, in fact more damage is usually done by playing about with them.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

tonytiger

Had no choice mate, since owning the bike never been able to sync carbs
when I looked the valve was bent so I took it out straiten.

Sin_Tiger

:sign13 PO or mechanic been messing about, not something you'd expect to find, unlucky as it's not an obvious one you would check for  :m

Going luck finding a part, maybe Steve has a used spare lying arid as he does these quite regularly.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

tonytiger

Unfortunately they are not sold separat you have to buy the carb! Bugger.

Sin_Tiger

Lay it flat on a good smooth steel surface (tail of the moving jaw of a 4"vice is good) and with the high side up and a small piece of hardwood, tap it flat in small steps. With care you might get it close enough to be serviceable.

tonytiger

All ready done thanks.

BruKen

tonytiger

yes thankyou. Sorry for delay shift work