News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Some questions

Started by Kidtba, May 12, 2016, 03:37:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayDub

roll the rear wheel onto something approx 50mm thick first, then onto the center stand.
a shorter side stand from another model (pos Daytona) may do it.

Sin_Tiger

Roll n square sausage with broon sace and a tattie scone on top works for me  :thumbsup

By lowering the bike you've changed the steering geometry which will make the initial turn in noticably quicker, can take a bit to get used to.

As for getting on the main stand, 90% technique in my opinion.  Try getting your left foot on the stand and pull rearward rather than lifting. Takes a bit of confidence not to hold onto the bars as many do but let's face it we usually only use the main stand in locations we're familiar with, that makes it a bit easier. Have a mate stand by until you've got the hang of it.

As for the side stand, leave it in the sun for half an hour, if we get another half hour of sun this summer and it'll melt  :icon_lol:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Kidtba

Cheers guys. Will scrounge a side stand from one of the guys give it a wee try. Will work on the center stand problem.....must be a simple way to deal with it. Now just need to get some money and start putting all the finishing touches. Needs Crash bars dropped it in the garden moving it about, once it started to go,  I know how those fellas being pulled apart buy horses must have felt .....luckily it went in the direction of the grass and not in the direction of the slabs.  Heated grips are buggered so new grips and who puts bloody Hella cigarette lighter on a Triumph.....so the list grows.

Mandatory:
Manual

Required:
1) Crash Bars
2) Heated grips.
3) Taller / broader screen.
4) Cigarette lighter / Electric bank for phone etc.
5) Spot lights.

Nice to have:
6) Panniers with correct fittings.
7) Spare alloy wheels.

I will no doubt add to this as I go along ...and find out other bits and bobs that I can add to the bugger.
I cannot decide whether to be a good example or a horrible warning ! Peace & respect.