News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Centrestand clanging

Started by Nick Calne, August 13, 2016, 11:43:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick Calne

I went riding over some rough, rutted ground on Salisbury Plain today and had to stop to check what I thought was going to be an exhaust can coming loose.

It wasn't an exhaust, it was the centre stand clanging about.  The springs are fine so it was just the bumpy terrain but I would like to stop it happening. Any bright ideas or is it just a stronger spring required.

Also saw a missile just sat round on a trailer and thought fk yeah I'd like one of those! I was very tempted to steal it. :pimp
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

fishnbiker

Quote from: Nick Calne on August 13, 2016, 11:43:25 PM
I went riding over some rough, rutted ground on Salisbury Plain today and had to stop to check what I thought was going to be an exhaust can coming loose.

It wasn't an exhaust, it was the centre stand clanging about.  The springs are fine so it was just the bumpy terrain but I would like to stop it happening. Any bright ideas or is it just a stronger spring required.

Also saw a missile just sat round on a trailer and thought fk yeah I'd like one of those! I was very tempted to steal it. :pimp

You using the centrestand daily or just for maintenance & repairs? Before getting new springs & adjusting to size, I used a short belt /strap to keep it tight. Sidestand is my usual parking method.
Ken/Fishnbiker
& Felix, blue 95 Tiger, & Buzz, 08 blue Suzuki DR 650 SE, & Mini-D, 97 white Suzuki DR 350 SE

Nick Calne

Daily. But may adopt your belt idea as it is driving me nuts!
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

rf9rider

How about some rubber tube or pipe, cut lengthways and slip it over the offending clanging part of the stand?

Sin_Tiger

It'll still bang, just quietly  :mut
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

rf9rider