News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Pictures of your airbox and extra's...

Started by ghulst, August 18, 2016, 04:48:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ghulst

Hahahahaha, Yes, I can see that. But did you change the carbs to make it run ok? I mean, this gives a completely different air mixture and you miss the resonations from the airbox. So how does that work for you? I tried it on a Yamaha before and that ran terrible without the airbox. ;)
2008 Triumph Street Triple R | Ex Triumph Tiger 900 T400 1993, Tiger 800XC 2011

Timbox2

Quote from: JayDub on August 19, 2016, 12:31:03 PM
:*&* You're getting like Timbox2 now.

Oy, I resemble that remark. Anyway, cleanliness is next to Googliness :icon_biggrin:
2016 Tiger Sport

fishnbiker

Quote from: ghulst on August 20, 2016, 09:44:05 AM
Hahahahaha, Yes, I can see that. But did you change the carbs to make it run ok? I mean, this gives a completely different air mixture and you miss the resonations from the airbox. So how does that work for you? I tried it on a Yamaha before and that ran terrible without the airbox. ;)

Sorry for the late reply, been out of country for a while. The Mikuni carbs were rejetted to 130 to work. Got several HP more with a small loss of torque under 4,000 rpm. 3mpg less fuel economy, but what a kick when twisting the wrist! Now running Keihin carbs with 122.5 jets for better economy with same HP. Been like that for 15 years / 90,000km.
Ken/Fishnbiker
& Felix, blue 95 Tiger, & Buzz, 08 blue Suzuki DR 650 SE, & Mini-D, 97 white Suzuki DR 350 SE

bemusedinsojo

On 11 and 12 is one of them a solid prefilter? Mine is some material wrapped around a plastic cage. Sorry not my post but I am dying to know.

JayDub

Quote from: bemusedinsojo on November 10, 2016, 12:00:15 AM
On 11 and 12 is one of them a solid prefilter? Mine is some material wrapped around a plastic cage. Sorry not my post but I am dying to know.
The plastic cage has some thin foam around it, both my steamers have... it starts to turn to dust as it gets old.