News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Amnesia setting in...

Started by Aeschere, September 04, 2017, 10:04:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aeschere

Currently reassembling the Tiger but when it came to the panels I was left dumbfounded. I can't remember where these panels go...
Any suggestions?

London_Phil

Above the head, bolted to the frame,  so they are under the fuel tank near the headstock.
The tank rubber mounts have to be removed, so they slip over the short tube sticking out each side, I think...

Aeschere

Aha, that might be possible...any idea what their use is? Protect the spark plug connectors from something?

threepot

95 Super111
96 Tiger

Sin_Tiger

There should also be a foam pad/separator that clips in under those piece's that the HT leads pass through.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Aeschere

There is a piece of foam that looks like a toe separator (you know, for polishing toe nails..). Will check either tonight or tomorrow if the caps fit. Not sure if they will deflect much heat though, being just a bit of plastic.

Geoff W

They sit under the fuel tank and protect the coils from all sorts of water, petrol etc, and the foam bits keep the ht leads separate.
It\'s ok , this will only take 5 minutes.
96 Pimento Red Steamer.