News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

What are the Lack of Valve Clearance Symptoms?

Started by Danwarb, April 22, 2017, 11:27:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geoff W

If you make it to the meet up in June, you can listen to mine, it will take all your worries about odd little sounds away. She sounds like Animal from the muppets has been given  Snap On chest of tools to play.
But she pulls like a train and gives little trouble from the engine or gearbox.
It\'s ok , this will only take 5 minutes.
96 Pimento Red Steamer.

bemusedinsojo

Quote from: Danwarb on April 24, 2017, 05:46:05 PM
Ok that definitely clears it up that it seems it's a general sound these engines make, I'd love for us to work out what causes it but even if we did, we'd be looking at some serious engineering to solve it I'm sure.  :nod
And some serious head shrinking.

Mustang

it's simple.................

harmoniccs.

the water box that surrounds the cylinder liners amplifies things like a snare drum or a tom tom . :augie

GavD

Quote from: Geoff W on April 24, 2017, 10:18:08 PM
If you make it to the meet up in June, you can listen to mine, it will take all your worries about odd little sounds away. She sounds like Animal from the muppets has been given  Snap On chest of tools to play.
But she pulls like a train and gives little trouble from the engine or gearbox.
:iagree
I've listened to Geoff's a few times, made mine sound like a sewing machine!! Due respect to Geoff's ol' girl though, she's got a fair few miles under her belt. She don't hang about though, couldn't keep up with Geoff when we met up for last years meet and headed over the A66 to Brough  :wheel
'98 Steamer (Black of course), '18 BMW R NineT Urban G/S