News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Sprag case grinding

Started by ssevy, June 15, 2017, 05:16:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ssevy

I've read through all of the sprag threads, and am aware of the two different tooth counts available. I found the TSB for that discussion, but cannot find one which describes creating relief in the cases for installing the new kit? My VIN number is really low, and while I have the cases apart to replace the output shaft bearing I buggered up, I thought I might just upgrade the sprag too. Most of the youtube videos are on bikes with the access plate being ground, so I just wanted to know if anyone who has done the upgrade can confirm that my '95 will need to have the case ground to fit the new sprag?
Thanks
I may not be big, but I'm slow.

Mustang

:m

your violating the golden rule ......................"If it ain't broke , don't FUCK with it "

Sin_Tiger

:iagree clean it up, put a new gator spring on it if you must and just keep the battery in good shape.

Just out of interest, I know Clive Woods made up a tool that was basically a standard cutter from a horizontal mill brazed onto a stub to enable a more precise and tidy means of casing relief for the later sprag assy. but not having done it myself that's as much as I know about the subject.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

threepot

Access plate being ground?? :icon_scratch:
I replaced the sprag on my Trident years back. Because the revised one was slightly wider,I had to remove metal inside the engine with a sharp scraper,and the cavity stuffed full of oily rags!
95 Super111
96 Tiger

Timbox2

Quote from: Mustang on June 16, 2017, 03:42:28 AM

your violating the golden rule ......................"If it ain't broke , don't FUCK with it "

Should be on front page of all Manuals :icon_lol:
2016 Tiger Sport

Sidk

Quote from: Mustang on June 16, 2017, 03:42:28 AM

but there's no fun in that....  :rfl