News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Pilot jet screw assembly order

Started by Aeschere, August 30, 2017, 09:03:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aeschere

Hey there,

Also posted on Triumphrat (sorry....) but would also like to hear what you think :)

Right, started work on the carbs, they looked better than expected. Cleaned them up a bit, fitted new O-rings and reassembled them. All seemed to go well until I was replacing the O-rings on the pilot jets. They all seemed to have a different assembly configuration and I just wanted to check what the correct assembly order is. Think of the order as the pilot jet laying on its side with its head to the left.

1. Pilot Jet - Metal washer - Spring - O-ring
2. Pilot Jet - Spring - Metal washer - O-ring
3. Pilot Jet - Spring - O-ring - Metal washer

I am expecting it to be number 2 but all three configurations came out...

Mustang

Aeschere

:wings
Thanks!

There is off course another configuration: 4. Pilot Jet - O-ring - Spring - Metal washer

So just checking once again. Especially since the Worldoftriumph.com website seems to show that one.http://www.worldoftriumph.com/triumph_motorcycle_parts_locator?block_01=&block_02=100058915-0-2&block_03=23773