News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

KLR Owner looking for answers

Started by flyingpackman, August 16, 2005, 09:26:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NortonCharlie

I'm pretty sure you won't get 52 mpg with the Tiger.  I got 50 mpg once with my bike but ussually I get 42-44 mpg.  It probably has something to do with riding style.
01 Dew Green 955i Tiger

02 Sprint RS

74 Norton 850 Commando

flyingpackman

Yes, a lot depends on how you ride.  I don't get over 50 mph on my commute to work, so my KLR gets about 53 MPG

I have been searching for an 02-04 Tiger and have come up empty.  I called all three Triumph dealers in CO.  There's nothing in the papers.  E-bay and cycle trader haven't been much help either.

About 2 years ago I bought a bike on e-bay, but the bike was in Golden Co, so I went and looked at it before I bought it.  I really don't want to buy a bike without looking at it and then pay to have it shipped.   Hopefully something will turn up soon.
LP

dougahole

Hey flyingpacman! There's a 2002 silver tiger at Performance cycle,the local dealership here in Oklahoma City with 11K miles and factory hard bags. The bike is in great shape but the right bag has a scratch on the side and they are asking $6495 for it .

flyingpackman

Doug,

Thanks for the tip.  

I'll have to think hard about driving the 9 hours to OKC.
LP

georover1

Flyingpacman.

Dont sell the KLR. If you can swing it have two bikes. Like said before multi car insurance on the Tiger is not bad. There are always deals on good Tigers. I got my 99 with bags, tank bag, crash bars, Pia lights, and heated grips for $4000. My XR650l was my daily driver but forget about a passenger. Now it just gets trailered to the dirt or driven around the neighborhood to pull weelies and piss off the neighbors. I was just in denver on the Tiger for the Mile High Mayhem Vespa rally and you're right the guys at Erico are great and i'm sure would offer great Triumph service.

And Gold Wing?   Please. :wink:
Mmmmmm......Beer

\'99 Tiger,