News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Chain Guard Crack up

Started by ratpackleader, October 08, 2005, 09:26:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ratpackleader

:o

After covering some 22000 mls on my 05 Tiger and returning from a very satisfying French Pyrenees with some off roading trip, I noticed whilst cleaning the said bike that the rear chain guard had a fracture in the plastic on the horizontal crease just above the rear fixing bolt. It will be replaced under warranty but thought you ought to know and maybe check yours out.

I guess its vibration repetertive fatigue.
Keep those knees in the breeze

Bliker

My rear guard also broke in the same spot, at about 5,000 miles. I replaced it with an aluminum guard. Another thing that also broke at low miles on my Tiger was the rubber strap that holds the battery secure.
2004 Tiger

ratpackleader

Hi Bliker

Nothing worse than your rubber splitting!!!!

Sad to hear that Its more common than just my chain guard thats had it.

Trust that Big T is doing something about it.
Keep those knees in the breeze

Bliker

:shock:

I'm in the middle of trying to get my front rotors replaced at this point. I took it in to the local dealer to get the rotors checked and they agree that they are warped. They have to wait to get word from Triumph before they can replace them under warranty. Overall I'm real happy with the Tiger, just a couple of little items that  need to be fixed.
2004 Tiger

greg

I replaced the chainguard soon after buying the bike, put an NWS hugger on. It does keep the crap off the underside.
2004 Girly.