News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

REAR CHAIN FOR A TIGER 955i

Started by Frank.B, November 29, 2005, 04:46:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank.B

Hi All.

Does anyone know the correct number of links for a 03' 955i Tiger rear chain?....Triumph list 3 part numbers for the Tiger rear chain, so I would assume that there must be three different lengths? perhaps for carb model, early injection and 955i?...also should I use vm or zvm?

Many thanks.

Frank.
\"greetings to you....friends of peace\"

dancope

530- 116 link.  I am told this is for all 955i,  possibly previous models also.  Enjoy.

NortonCharlie

I am pretty sure it is 114 links on my 01 955 and I am sure that is the right number at least untill they went to the new wheels and swing arm in 05 or was that 04?
01 Dew Green 955i Tiger

02 Sprint RS

74 Norton 850 Commando

ArizonaKid

"Rear chain"?  Does that mean there's a front chain somewhere on these machines. ;o)
Arizona Kid

Riding hard and fast down Arizona way

2007 Triumph Tiger

BykBoy

Quote from: "NortonCharlie"I am pretty sure it is 114 links on my 01 955 and I am sure that is the right number at least untill they went to the new wheels and swing arm in 05 or was that 04?

114 sounds right. I got a new chain recently and that's the length the guy cut it to.
2001 Black 955i Tiger

Save $5 when you open a SmugMug account. Use the following coupon: 4l1hicJzWvYNE

TigerTrax

if I recall correctly the DID GOLD 530  chain comes with 120 links and you'll have to cut it. Actual number of links on your original is something you should sit down and physically count. MARK your starting point!

SAVE the extra links .... they can come in handy.
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'

The correct answer is :- 114

Frank.B

Many thanx chaps.

114 it is then for he 955i.

Why do Triumph have to have 3 different part numbers?.... is this just to confuse us?... or is there an  ulterior motive in doing it their way?...

Frank.
\"greetings to you....friends of peace\"

Chris Canning

You will find the part number for the race can for 900i is different from the one for a 955 even though it's the same pipe.