News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Tiger's, water and Volvo's

Started by Clemski, May 20, 2006, 08:19:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clemski

Went over to Reading this morning to pick up a Cee Bailey screen for the Tiger, which by the way is brilliant. Arrived at Reading thanks to the GPS using the fastest route, so I thought use the GPS shortest route to get home, so off we went a couple of lefts and rights and then the road started to get narrow and then the sign "Ford" ahead, looking at the water thought we've been through deeper than this, so in we go. As we approach the centre the road starts to get ever so slippery, and then the current catches, of we go me and the Tiger swimming. I manage to lift her upright but can not budge her an inch, water round my knees and the water buffeting my trusty steed. Then comes along a big shiny Volvo XC, the bloke stops and shouts down to me, "Do you need a hand", to which I of course reply "Yes please", next minute he's out of the Volvo, shoes and socks off, trousers rolled up around his knees and in he wades. We manage to push the bike up onto dry land, nothing no ignition lights, but the bloody alarms still beeping. I give it five minutes and finish fiddling with a few wires, bingo ignition lights on, and I fire her up, about 3 pints of water explode out of the exhaust, so I let her idle for five minutes, and then we resume the journey. Ive done about 150 miles since it happened, so she should be nicely dried out now. But thats why I love the Tiger, if I had been on my old GS, I would have been looking at a new engine, some rope and a tall tree. Unfortunatly if the press are to be believed won't be doing that sort of thing on the new Tiger. :P PS My boots should be dried out by Christmas
Just love riding my Tiger, anywhere and everywhere.

T100LESS

Just a quick question,what size Cee Bailey screen did you go for?

Clemski

Hi ya,

Sorry I don't know the size, I was lucky enough to get it of E bay, but I would say it's about one and a half inches bigger that the standard Triumph screen. I think it's the shape and the wings that come down the sides that make the differance. I had to go out this morning, I did about ninety miles mostly on the motorway, it was chucking it down and windy, but the differance the screen makes, it really is a first class bit of kit, I would definatly recommend getting one.  :P
Just love riding my Tiger, anywhere and everywhere.

tiger feet

I can vouch for the effectiveness of CEE-bailey screens having ridden behind one, but not on a Tiger though!

My brother has one on his FJR1300ABS and it works well, better than the factory screen did that's for sure!

Alot depends on your height and seating position as to the effectiveness and what works well for one person might not for another?

Regards,

Tiger Feet.
Four wheels good, two wheels better, three wheels accident!

JRO

Well, there you have it - Don't go drowning your Tiger in a flood, unless there are some Volvo drivers around.
JRO

2006 Tiger

Brother Number One

Cool driver.  It sems you don't have to be a tw@t to have a Vulva, sorry Volvo  :D
2015-16 USA & C.America: http://sawthingsclearer.com (click it, click it, click iiiit) 04 silver Tiger, Touratech Zega panniers, CCC titanium can, NWS hugger