News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Info on the new tiger

Started by malc, March 26, 2006, 05:24:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

malc

Ive been told today by 2 reliable sources close to triumph that the new tiger will have the 1050 engine in.

But it will be more supermoto style orientated which for me is a shame.

Also they have stopped making the current tigers ready for the introduction of the new one towards the end of the year.

The new ones will also be more expensive & heated grips,panniers,centre stand etc will all be extra & not included like they are now.

So if I was you & I was looking at a tiger buy now cause it looks like the current model has finished.

I personally would like to see the current model run alongside the new 1 but who am I anyway & cant really comment until Ive seen it in the flesh & got some concrete evidence on how its going to be.
its grrreaaattttttttt

wasions

Supermoto styling with a big tank and bags?  I think I could go for that.  Basically, just put nicer (upside-down) forks and a 17" front wheel on the current Tiger.  Doesn't sound too bad, actually.
Steve

Gear up!

<*}}}><

\'06 Tiger, \'99 DR350

apache

One would think with the recent craze in adventure bikes theyd go the other way towards more dirt orientated. Oh well, narrows down next years new bike pruchase by one more.

Chris Canning

Probably because they've seen KTM can't sell their's!!!!,there's a market for e'm but not in the quantity that Triumph want to sell e'm.

wasions

The local KTM shop can't sell the 950's (or the LC4's) because, in their words, "It'd cost us over $20,000 to send our techs to work on them, and without the cert, we can't sell them.  We just can't spend that kind of money to sell a couple of bikes a year."

As far as adventure bikes in general being big sellers - well - we have 'em, but the Tigers and 'Stroms and GSes and ADVs are still, I think, a very small percentage of the total.  Here in the U.S. Honda no longer sells them, and Yamaha never really did.  Kawasaki is serving up a 20-year old KLR, for a pittance, only because they long ago recouped their initial investment.

And - even though I kind of like the idea of a super-moto styled Tiger, I'm awfully glad I got my '06, and don't plan on trading down  :wink:  to one.
Steve

Gear up!

<*}}}><

\'06 Tiger, \'99 DR350

apache

Damn shame what were stuck with here in the USA IMO. The new Landcruiser is another example, when from what I see and understand one can still buy a straight axle`d heavy duty rig overseas like they used to be here. I saw a pic of a Honda V twin, 1000cc mounted in what was similar to a XR type chassis. wasent full dirt but wasent motard either. Id serious consider buying one if it was avaliable and registerable here.

I`ll keep my steamer I suppose :D