News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Steering head wrenches

Started by NortonCharlie, November 14, 2005, 07:13:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NortonCharlie

I am getting some sterring head wrenches lasercut.  I bought 1 wrench from Triumph for about $20.00 (couldn't find the reciept) and since I want 2 I decided to get some made.  The wrenches will be lasecut from 3/16 4130 steel plate.  That should make a pretty decent wrench.  If anyone wants a wrench or a pair they will cost $10.00 each plus shipping.  I am ordering 12 wrenches unless there is alot of demand then I will order more

PM me if you are interested.
01 Dew Green 955i Tiger

02 Sprint RS

74 Norton 850 Commando

NortonCharlie

I got the wrenches ordered, there was a little more demand than I expected so they will be a little cheaper, I'll post the details when I get them.  I should have them in 2 weeks or less.  I am getting a few extras so there will be a few more available

Thanks
01 Dew Green 955i Tiger

02 Sprint RS

74 Norton 850 Commando

NortonCharlie

I've got the wrenches, final cost is $9.00 each and it looks like I can ship  a pair of them about anywhere in the US for $5.00.  I will try and reply to all who emailed me.  My paypal account is mailto:solution@forbin.net">solution@forbin.net  Make sure and include a shipping address if you send me a payment.

Charlie
01 Dew Green 955i Tiger

02 Sprint RS

74 Norton 850 Commando

NortonCharlie

They are on the way thanks, looks like I should have gotten 40 rather than 30
01 Dew Green 955i Tiger

02 Sprint RS

74 Norton 850 Commando

NortonCharlie

I'm assuming everyone that ordered wrenches got them

BTW, I ended up ordering another batch so they are still available.

Thanks

Anyone tried them out yet?
01 Dew Green 955i Tiger

02 Sprint RS

74 Norton 850 Commando

used2jeep

AF&AM, AANOMS, IBA

Save $5 when you open a SmugMug account. Use the following coupon: R8d8tS3bmlzLw

NortonCharlie

Yes, I still have about 20pcs sitting here.  PM me for the details

Charlie
01 Dew Green 955i Tiger

02 Sprint RS

74 Norton 850 Commando

Chris Canning

Thanks Charlie came yesterday,spot on!!!,do you know how they were cut,the engineers at work were asking??

Chris

NortonCharlie

Quotedo you know how they were cut

Yes, they are cut with a laser.  I simply made a CAD

file of what I wanted and had it done.  I have done some work for the laser company.  Occasionally they have a part that needs forming after they cut it out and they have me write the CNC program for the form die.

Charlie
01 Dew Green 955i Tiger

02 Sprint RS

74 Norton 850 Commando

Green Geck0

Hey Charlie,

Do you have any wrenches left? My tiger took a beating going up the Dalton. I limped it back but now I need to replace the head bearings.

Thanks,

Curtis Ross

Calgary, Alberta

NortonCharlie

Curtis,

Let me check,   I only have one wrench left.  Aside from my pair.  I  could send you a pair but one would be the actual Triumph wrench.

Let me know

Charlie
01 Dew Green 955i Tiger

02 Sprint RS

74 Norton 850 Commando

looch

Hey Norton,

How about just the CAD file? I have access to a lazer cutter  8)
Looch

Mudhen

Quote from: "looch"Hey Norton,

How about just the CAD file? I have access to a lazer cutter  8)

You cheap SOB!  Give him the money for the wrenches!!!

:wink:
\'96 Steamer

looch

Quote from: "Mudhen"You cheap SOB!  Give him the money for the wrenches!!!

:wink:

:?

Pot-kettle-black there, Yankee.  :lol:
Looch

Green Geck0

Quote from: "NortonCharlie"Curtis,

Let me check,   I only have one wrench left.  Aside from my pair.  I  could send you a pair but one would be the actual Triumph wrench.

Let me know

Charlie

No problem. Just figured if you had a couple of sets left over I'd pick one up.

Curtis Ross

Calgary, Alberta