News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Ride Height Adjustment

Started by wkb666, August 14, 2006, 06:37:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wkb666

Hi All

new user alert so bear with me for being useless !!

I've just purchased a 93 tiger , the previous owner was shall we say...a bit short so the bike is set low and he couldnt explain how to adjust it back to its high point, can anyone help ??

Thanks     Wayne

apache

Wow, You must be the only one here to own a 93, I think thats the first year. Post some pics when you can. Regarding ride height, one can undo the rear shock spring preload to allow sag. I dont think anyone made lowering links for the rear. The front end might have shorter springs or? hard to say. On my 97 I have upped the rear preload just about 3/4 of the way to max and added some 1.5" spacers in the forks to preload them a little. Overall it was an improvement from the soft stock front end especially at 240lbs. Generally speaking the bikes are pretty tall. At 6'3" even I have a time throwing a leg over it when im tired.

NortonCharlie

Does it have the ecentric chain adjuster?  If so that needs to be swung around to put the axle below center (like stock) and the fork tube should be flush with the top tripple tree.  Plus what everyone else said

Charlie
01 Dew Green 955i Tiger

02 Sprint RS

74 Norton 850 Commando

wkb666

Yes it does have the ecentric adjuster, i'll give it a go, thanks

pics will be posted.