News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Rainx

Started by Bear, January 10, 2007, 02:20:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bear

Has any one used "Rain.x" on there helmet visor? just thought I might give it a go, but to quote the instructions " do not use on plastics unless pre-approved by manufacturer (which would be SHOEI in my case)" any help would be appreciated.
2006 Black Tiger
Street Triple (Minister for War & Finance)
DZR 250 K6 (Kids)
KTM 600
TT600
XT250
KT120

Two things are infinite : the universe and human stupidity; I'm not sure about the universe.

wasions

I had an aftermarket windshield on my Burgman which was labeled by the manufacturer as okay to use Rain-X on.  (Fine sentence structure there, Wasion.  :roll:  )  I believe the reason was that it was not treated (coated), and therefore, wouldn't craze.

I find Lemon Pledge works almost as good, but has to be retreated more often.
Steve

Gear up!

<*}}}><

\'06 Tiger, \'99 DR350

zadok_oz

I've used it on every helmet I've had without any problems.
Marty F
\'03 Tiger 955i

Bear

Thanks, if it recks it itÌs only $60 to replace :shock:

zadok_oz, hope all is well west of here, would love to see your fine state (WA) one day, might do it when the mid life crisis gets serious, so far it's only produced a 06 tiger :twisted: :lol:
2006 Black Tiger
Street Triple (Minister for War & Finance)
DZR 250 K6 (Kids)
KTM 600
TT600
XT250
KT120

Two things are infinite : the universe and human stupidity; I'm not sure about the universe.

zadok_oz

Quote from: "Bear"Thanks, if it recks it itÌs only $60 to replace :shock:

zadok_oz, hope all is well west of here, would love to see your fine state (WA) one day, might do it when the mid life crisis gets serious, so far it's only produced a 06 tiger :twisted: :lol:

All good here mate. Hey, we are only an hour behind you now!

Intend going for ride this Saturday, but the temperature is tipped at 40 celcius. Yeeks!
Marty F
\'03 Tiger 955i

Stretch

I've been Rain-Xing the shields on my various Shoeis for ages.  No problems.

speedjunkie

How does the RainX work for clarity and dirt collection?  I use Pledge on the windshield of my plane, and it leaves a little to be desired when flying into the sun, as well as it collects dirt like a magnet.  Otherwise, helps a lot with the bugs.  Been using it on the wings for years.

Mike
\'01 LC4 640E

\'06 Triumph Tiger

Stretch

If you buff it enough, it doesn't streak or leave spots.

It doesn't collect dust at all-- no wet or waxy residue.

It sheds water like crazy, as long as the part in question is in the air stream.  If you're behind a windshield, the beaded water droplets will just sit there.

It's no help with bugs.

speedjunkie

Thanks stretch, looks like I'll be sticking with the Pledge for now.  Might try Plexus, don't remember if it streaks or not.  

Mike
\'01 LC4 640E

\'06 Triumph Tiger

zadok_oz

Pledge works great for the outside, but this thread is about Rainx, which is for stopping the inside fogging up. It does the job for me without damaging the visor.
Marty F
\'03 Tiger 955i

Advwannabe

No probs with AGV or Lazer visors, but when I put in on my Shubert (BMW system4) not only did it not shift the water, it made it bead in such a way that vision through the visor was much worse. No ammount of cleaning could return the visor to its previous condition. Maybe you could try it on a small section out of the main feild of vision, wet it and see

Cheers
No good deed goes unpunished
02 Tigger
02 Blackbird
75 GT380
IBA #33180

iansoady

Quote from: "zadok_oz"Pledge works great for the outside, but this thread is about Rainx, which is for stopping the inside fogging up. It does the job for me without damaging the visor.

Remember there are 2 Rainx products - the one in the black container which as you say is for demisting, and the one in yellow which is for the outside. I once accidentally put the yellow one on the inside of a pair of goggles and it took forever to get it off again, using all the solvents I could think of.
Ian.

1931 Sunbeam Model 10
1999 Honda SLR650

Aussie Tiger

I've used Rain-X on my HJC Visor for a couple of years with no problems.  Usually  just reapply after riding in rain to remove road grime which will reduce the water shedding effectiveness and visability.  However, don't use it on mirrored visors. I've been told that it can remove the coating.  I also use the Rain-X antifog on the inside of the visor which works brilliantly. Once again, need to reaply from time to time as it is amazing how dirty the inside of the visor can get (and we breath in that crap!).
2006 Caspian Blue Tiger

Never regret growing old...Its a privilege not afforded to many!