News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Bike Magazine June edition (UK)

Started by greg, May 17, 2007, 01:01:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greg

Centre pages, 4-5 page spread on the Timbuktu thing I did with my son. You can see the Tiger here and there in the photos, article was reasonably accurate.
2004 Girly.

diggerT

I saw the article in Bike and spotted the Tiger, looked like an amazing, challenging  experience. How did the Tiger hold up compared to the other bikes?

Chris Canning

Oddly enough i know a guy off a BM site,not the GS one!!, who also went he did a much better write up for us,than what was in the mag,much less politicaly correct and far more interesting.

greg

Quote from: "Chris Canning"Oddly enough i know a guy off a BM site,not the GS one!!, who also went he did a much better write up for us,than what was in the mag,much less politicaly correct and far more interesting.

Who was that then Chris, I know them all, and they know me because every time another BMW broke down I just patted the tank and said 'Triumph mate'.
2004 Girly.

Chris Canning

Try this

http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/eastleighsc/tbt.htm

There's also picture of your Tiger in there,somwhere.

greg

Aah, young Jason. Good bloke and his didn't break down.
2004 Girly.

greg

Well I have just read Jasons account of the trip. Very very funny but it wasn't anything like as dark as that for me and the kid, my pillion, we spent most of our time riding alone and we simply didn't run into as much hassle with officialdom. Acute accurate observation regarding lack of personal space granted and the grinding poverty. Take his point about the boat, my son slept on top of the luggage and I slept on the roof, there was nowhere else. Funny how things appear differently to different people, I enjoyed the 550 mile ride through the western sahara sandstorm more than any ride of my life, my son enjoyed the corrugated section on the way to Bamako hugely, something to do with constantly being thrown up off the pillion perch into the air and hanging on to my shoulders, and I was standing on the pegs. All round nice one by Jason, but it wasn't my ride being described, that's for sure.
2004 Girly.