News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

My 1st posting - running in a new bike!

Started by ormsky, April 16, 2007, 07:17:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ormsky

Hi folks,

This is my first posting!

Just bought a brand new Tiger :D (not a 1050, I've got one of the last of the 955's).

Was going to get a second hand one but the outgoing model seemed too good value for money new.   :wink:

Most of the paperwork all sorted now, I'm collecting it on Saturday.

So, any tips on running it in?  Is first service at 500 miles?  I'm sure the dealer will advise me but thought I'd ask here as well.

Cheers!

TRKTEK

Welcome Ormsky,

Run it in according to manufactures recommendations........

BE WARNED!!!!

Operating a Tiger will cause you to develop a silly grin that can't be knocked off with a 9 iron!

Have fun.......
The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

John Kenneth Galbraith

2004Tiger

I like the break-in method developed by Motoman. see

http://mototuneusa.com/thanx.htm

Also change the oil at 20 miles, then again at the first service.
2004 Tiger. Black is beautiful. If I don\'t ride a little every day I get a little crazy.

JRO

I found mine wasn't completely broke-in, for 8,000miles.  It just kept getting stronger.  Loads of fun.
JRO

2006 Tiger

Quote from: "2004Tiger"I like the break-in method developed by Motoman. see

http://mototuneusa.com/thanx.htm

Also change the oil at 20 miles, then again at the first service.

DON'T listen to people like this. Mine was run in almost according to the manual. (almost because I couldn't wait for the 300 miles etc. I went up a notch 30 miles earlier) Anyway, my bike has now done 45000 miles and still uses no oil and gives good economy and is plenty fast enough for me and all the people who try to keep up.

Enjoy the bike. You got a bargain.

MARKC

Where in the North West are you? I'm in Bury between Bolton and Manchester.

greg

I would say do it by the book, it will just keep getting stronger, my sort of peaked around 8,000, upto then it just seemed to get stronger and stronger above 6000 revs, not that I ever exceed 5000 rpm officer.
2004 Girly.