News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

2006 955i Coolant

Started by motoexplorer, April 23, 2007, 08:21:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

motoexplorer

I was installing some crash bars and had to remove the rubber hose leading to the water pump. Needles-to-say the coolant drained from the bottom of the engine. I'm ready to refill, but need to know exactly how to procceed without damaging the engine. Any suggestions???

JRO

There are two ways you could go about this:

1.  Run 'er up, and pour fluid in the puke tank as needed.

2.  Pull the tank off, and fill it up via the radiator.

Since you've drained the motor, I would recommend method #2.
JRO

2006 Tiger

Puzzles me why you had to remove a pipe. No crash bars I know of require this.

ghostbiker955i

I fitted some bars from a german guy on ebay, didnt have to remove the pipe work but did need to unbolt and tip the oil rad forward slightly to get better accses.

And had my first real test of them this weekend when i lost the back end at about 15mph on a grass field. damn it snaped round on me fast hehehe.

the bars? well there a little out of shape on 1 side but not even the slightest mark on the bike other than 1 real box got ripped off the bracket.

no dmg to box but the bracket was a little bent. soon got it straitend though.
If it aint broke, I aint touched it! .........Yet!