News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Another Tiger newb

Started by PixMan, May 06, 2007, 01:50:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PixMan

Hi! I've just taken in my new (to me) 2005 Tiger, in Al-U-Minium Sliver.

It's my 4th Triumph, most recently coming off a 2000 Sprint RS that I'd bought new in 2000. It lost it's appeal to me after 54,000 miles and that last $250 speeding ticket, so I sold it. I thought I'd be done with bikes (again), but it only took a wisp of warm air and the sound of bikes to bring me to my senses.

I had ridden zombie's nicely-kitted "matte black" Tiger some time ago, and was rather enamored by being able to get on it and immediately ride as fast and confidently on it as I did my well-suspended Sprint. (That bike had a Penske shock and Race Tech re-valved forks.) It took me all this time to get past the  looks of the Tiger and go for functionality, but I'm sure it's going to be well worth it.

I've little intention of taking it off road and the '07 appeals to me more in the looks department, but I have a growing aversion to debt. So this one was the right choice. I've only got about 200 miles on it so far, but I'll easily double that tomorrow on a ride with some friends of my NTSR (Northeast Triumph Sport Riders) group.

That's about it for my long-winded hello!

WIDGIN

Quote from: "PixMan"It took me all this time to get past the  looks of the Tiger and go for functionality

Blasphemy.  I've always though that the steamer and Girly Tigers were some of the best looking bikes around.  Nice sensual curves, gas tank in proper location, etc.  

The '07 is simply too angular and looks like a Suzuki/Kawasaki/Yamaha.  Guess you need to love women to love girlies  :lol:

I'm guessing you'll grow to love your Girly.

Oh, almost forgot.  Welcome.
WIDGIN (When In Doubt, Gas It Now)
BRG 2005 955i R.I.P.

Mechanoligist

Welcome pixman! Glad to see you back on two wheels.  Where you going tomorrow? I finally may have some time to join you.

Scott
Just along for the ride

PixMan

Quote from: "Mechanoligist"Welcome pixman! Glad to see you back on two wheels.  Where you going tomorrow? I finally may have some time to join you.

Scott

Thanks, Scott. Good to be here.

We're meeting up at the Funkin' GoNuts shop on Route 190 in Connecticut. It's in Somers (or Enfield), near the junction of I-91. Couple of guys are coming up from southern CT, so this works out good for all. Time of departure from there is a lazy 10:45 or so.

This works out well for me, as I can leave my house at 8 or so and really take my time on the back roads to get there. We're heading north from there, then west out to the Martindale Chief Diner at the junction of the Taconic Parkway and Route 23 in NY. Really nice ride over MA 57 & 23.

After a nice lunch, we'll wind our way back to Northampton MA. The roads to there are INCREDIBLE. Great time, so be there if you can!

Stretch

Ah!  A hearty Welcome to he who also has one of the finest motorcycles ever: the al-yoo-min-ee-um silver '05.

Cheers!

Mechanoligist

I'll catch you next time only can do 3 or 4 hours tomorrow. Have fun on the Tiger!  It sort of sucks that the PA. Tiger ride in is the same weekend as VT. If something changes with VT. let me know.

Scott
Just along for the ride

zombie

Hi Ken

Welcome to the dark side let me know when you want me to customise your tiger for you. I got tons of matt black paint left over and some really groovy stickers.

Wing Wing Wing Ken here

cheers I'll give ya a bell later as I dug out them frame sliders for ya