News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Horn Fuse?

Started by JetdocX, August 01, 2008, 12:30:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JetdocX

Looking for the horn fuse on my 98 Steamer.  Anyone?

I've been to the rear of the bike where that fuse box is and none is labelled horn, so I hope it's somewhere else. :roll:

Whoever wired this bike could have taken lessons from a third-grader. :roll:   What a friggin' bird's nest!
From parts unknown.

JetdocX

Nevermind....

I have power and ground present at both horns and no noise.  Never failed two horns simultaneouslly before.  This one goes in the books.

I could almost swear that both of them worked a few days ago, but maybe it was just one horn.  Oh well.  I have lots of choices now.

OEM for $80????  Does that come with grease for my grommet, or do I just take it dry??  :roll:  Puuuuuleeeeeze!  On my way to the cage bits store...
From parts unknown.

Mustang

Quote from: "JetdocX"Nevermind....

I have power and ground present at both horns and no noise.  Never failed two horns simultaneouslly before.  This one goes in the books.
That's why Triumph sells em as a pair :ImaPoser

OEM for $80????  Does that come with grease for my grommet, or do I just take it dry??  :roll:  Puuuuuleeeeeze!  On my way to the cage bits store...
You got to take it dry  :pottytrain2
But for 40 bucks at Twisted Throttle you can get a 139 db air horn that is only 4 1/2 by 4 1/2 by 3  inches

JetdocX

I spent $30 at the auto parts store on a high tone and a low tone horn.  I think the stock horns are loud enough to wake the average sleepy cager.

As soon as I install the replacements, I'll make a determination. :D
From parts unknown.