News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Maybe stupid, but I have to ask...

Started by ridin gaijin, December 01, 2007, 06:29:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ridin gaijin

...When did they start being called Girlies? And why? Four years I've owned this thing, and it's only the past month I seem to have noticed this. Am I just not paying attention somehow...?
2005 Tiger in Lucifurry Orange. Always something new it seems...

noivson

Beats me!  Steamers (carbs) Girlies (FI) Roadies (07+)
 Eyebrows just might have had an influence.
Ride More-Worry Less! \'05 Lucifer Orange \'S\'

Stretch

The generation has been around since 1999, but the 'Girly' moniker was hung on it probably in 2001, when the fairings started sporting eyelashes.  

Others think that the name came from the voluptuous shape of the tank or the plushness and ease of maintenance.

I'm secure enough in my manhood to freely call my Tiger a 'Girly'.

pizzaman383

I like the moniker; it's great to have a Girly between my legs while I ride!! :P
PizzaMan383
Black 2004 Tiger

Author: Passionate About Pizza Cookbook

Chris Canning

It all started with the Steamer brigade,you know how it is, new model not as ruffty tuffty as the last,and all that tosh,and so they were called Girlies,nothing is new in bikeing,the Girly mob do the same to the 1050,well some of them do!!!

ridin gaijin

Heh heh. I like it, Chris. {thumbs up}

noivson

And Steamers etc....
Chris Canning's explanation   Man Law?
Ride More-Worry Less! \'05 Lucifer Orange \'S\'

HappyMan

Funny, I just posted the same question tonight on AVD.  Guess I wasn't the only one wondering.
Life is hard.  It\'s even harder if you\'re stupid. - John Wayne

Life\'s too short......Let\'s ride! - HappyMan

http://ridedualsport.com

ridin gaijin

Yeh, it's funny. Someone started it, and pretty recently too. I joined this site (previous version) and advriders in 2004, and triumphrat.net a little later in 05 I think. Only in the past few months have I seen the Girly thing. I think it's kind of stupid. I mean, if the bike were named something like a Triumph GRL it might make some sense.

Someone else can use the label for their bike--mine doesn't need it.

HappyMan

Quote from: "ridin gaijin"Yeh, it's funny. Someone started it, and pretty recently too. I joined this site (previous version) and advriders in 2004, and triumphrat.net a little later in 05 I think. Only in the past few months have I seen the Girly thing. I think it's kind of stupid. I mean, if the bike were named something like a Triumph GRL it might make some sense.

Someone else can use the label for their bike--mine doesn't need it.

I'm guessing with the nickname of Fuelie that it was a word play.
Life is hard.  It\'s even harder if you\'re stupid. - John Wayne

Life\'s too short......Let\'s ride! - HappyMan

http://ridedualsport.com