News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

carbs?????

Started by aeronca, September 20, 2007, 03:58:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aeronca

funny you should ask. im heading down to pick up my new coil tomorow, and should be back on the road post-haste. i ohm'ed out the old one at work tonight and got 1552K,ohm on the secondary, book say's it should be 10.5k,ohm.quite a bit higher. primary windings were at .4 ohm, just a little low not a big whoop. but the secondaries were way out. i hope this does it. i'll let you know tomorow night.
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

aeronca

say brother skoron, i punched in ignition coil on yahoo and an article from "web bike world" poped up. and i'll be damned if it was'nt whats been going on. the authors bike was a thunderbird though(close enough for handgranades). he ended up getting rid of the gill brand coils($130.00 a piece, mind you), and went with a diferent brand. but he had a dead cylinder(intermittent), between idle and higher revs.i just couldnt belive how bad the secondary coils were on mine. maybe by the time i get this damn bike running my new sidi boots will finally come in(but thats another story). :x
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

skoron

Hope the new coil(s) fixes the issue.  The triumph part is not cheap but neither is the nylogy coil.  That's why I was looking at the TT600 coils and got some good direction from nightrunner as well.  

Maybe I need to look at the coils again and measure one more time.  Probably wouldn't hurt to pull the carbs, check floats and seals but the dealer might have to do that one for me.  

Skoron
The ride\'s the thing, travel too fast and you miss the reason.

aeronca

well im lost at this point. i put the new coil on and it ran worse. put the old one on and at least it ran like it used to. so i took the coil back to i-90 motorsports and had them test the new and the old coil and they said they were both ok. W.T.F! i got all three at work tonight and ohm'ed them all out and i think the dealers full of it. (oh and by the way there's a 20% restock fee to return the coil. imagine that). im starting to loose faith in the tiger my brothers. i never had this much trouble - evere with any of my jap bikes. oh well im in it now.
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

cascadetiger

It doesn't make any sense that it would run worse with a new coil.  If the old coil was good, it should run the same with the new coil.  If the old coil is bad, it should run better with the new coil.

Something's is fishy here!

aeronca

im done, it's in the shop, will let you all know what they fixed. i hate to fail :x
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

Mudhen

Quote from: "aeronca"im done, it's in the shop, will let you all know what they fixed. i hate to fail :x

Amen...I feel for you.  I do it enough that I should be used to it, but it never gets easier...pisses me off, actually...
\'96 Steamer

cascadetiger

aeronca

no, i'm mad at them.  lynnwood cycle barn.
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

aeronca

ok, so in the shop it went. and they replaced the coil that i thought was bad, and the other shop swore up and down was good. they also said they dialed in my carb better. that coil thing pisses me off though. any way, enough crying. im picking it up today and should put a couple hundred miles on it by sunday. i'll let you know how it runs. cant wait to get back to ridding :)
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

Stretch

Quote from: "aeronca"im picking it up today and should put a couple hundred miles on it by sunday.

Rock on!  Put the spurs to 'er!

cascadetiger

I bought by Tiger from those guys last year.  I really didn't like the salesman but I liked the bike, so I bought it.  Your experience confirms by "gut" feeling about their service department.  Maybe I'll see you out riding this weekend.

aeronca

hey cascade, are you talking about i-90 motorsports? everyone i've ever talked to had nothing good to say about them. it's a shame, but what can you do. maybe they will change. hey, have eat'n at the xxx? we go there once in a while - pretty wild place, and the foods not bad either :)  for those not in the know, the xxx is a burger place right off interstate 90 in issaquah, wa.
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

cascadetiger

Yes, I am talking about I90.  They are convenient for me, but I dont like the place too much.

I have never tried XXX, been by the place a million times but never went in.  I'll check it out.