News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

WTB- Exhaust (stock or aftermarket)

Started by Iain, February 12, 2008, 06:27:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iain

Long story short: I tried to open up my stock exhaust a bit and I am not happy with the result. Now I am looking for a replacement.

What do you have?

Mustang

What's the model year of the beast , and can you not undo whatever you did to the pipe ?

sanjoh

Quote from: "Iain"Long story short: I tried to open up my stock exhaust a bit and I am not happy with the result. Now I am looking for a replacement.

What do you have?

I am going to open up my exhaust.  How much did you open it?  Why didn't you like it?

thanks
01 Tiger
00 XR650R
84 VF1K
05 R6

Stretch

I have a stock 2005 955i pipe laying around.  Make me an offer.

2003Tiger

I have stock pipe from 2003 955i, very good shape, very little use.
Local area, Seattle WA.

I would look at any reasonable offer.

Iain

Man, you would think I was smart enough to include that info...

03 955 Girly

What I did to open the exhaust was basically cut out the baffle. If you follow this thread on ADV rider you will see the basic process: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=310307

I have never been one to be afraid of tearing into a project and truth be told, I do like the way it sounds but I know that the Mrs will NOT :roll:

The pipe ended up being louder than I expected it to be, and with most aftermarket pipes that I am used to, the wider the throttle opening, the louder the pipe, but this mod seems to almost make more noise at an idle than while riding.

EDIT:
03Tiger check your Private messages.
Stretch, I will contact you if the local sale doesn't work out, thanks for the offer!

Iain

I picked the pipe up tonight. Thanks Jon for the quick replies.

I am still in the market for an aftermarket pipe. If anyone has a pipe they are looking to move let me know what you have.

TOR, ROTLE, Thunderbike, Staintune, etc?