News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Tiger Temperature

Started by HappyMan, February 18, 2008, 03:31:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HappyMan

I've heard many of you speak of how cool the Tiger runs.  I noticed today that while out for a ride the fan kicked in.  This was back on a dirt road covered with ice so I was in first gear riding slow for a while.  30 degrees F.  Coolant level is fine.  No, I have not checked yet to see if the tubes were reversed which is why I'm asking.  If it's normal for it to kick in I won't worry but if it's unheard of I'm going to need to check the pipes.  Thanks!
Life is hard.  It\'s even harder if you\'re stupid. - John Wayne

Life\'s too short......Let\'s ride! - HappyMan

http://ridedualsport.com

HockleyBoy

Mine occasionally kicks in when riding slowly in traffic but more normally when I get home and switch off after a long ride.
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

oldrider

Grinding up a mountain pass road, two up and loaded in ambient 36 degrees C, the temp went up to halfway on the gauge and the fan was cutting in and out regularly.

I was a bit worried because I had just fitted Team Metisse radiator guards and was keeping a close eye for any behavioural changes.

Not to worry, it was just tough climbing on a hot still day, everything worked the way it is supposed to.

(Sigh) Really like this bike. Cheers John.
Seek first to understand, then to be understood.

ThreePutt

Sitting in traffic, warm day or not, mine will climb half way up the dial, then slowly work it's way down as I get moving.
Tom

2006 Tiger
2009 BMW R1200 RT

HappyMan

I was also wondering if the tank panniers could be keeping it warmer as well.  I wasn't worried, just wondering since it was only 30 degrees out.  I'll keep an eye on it.  Again, it was slow moving at the time.  It's probably time I trace the pipes too just in case.

fano

Quote from: "HappyMan"I've heard many of you speak of how cool the Tiger runs.  I noticed today that while out for a ride the fan kicked in.  This was back on a dirt road covered with ice so I was in first gear riding slow for a while.

You were riding in first gear for a while and the fan kicked in. Why worry? I would worry if the fan wouldn't kick in.  :icon_salut

Advwannabe

In warmer Oz in summer, anytime I'm stuck in traffic for more than a couple of minutes the guage moves from the mark to 1/3 - 1/2 way up the dial and the fan kicks in. A couple of minutes at speed and it returns to the mark.
No good deed goes unpunished
02 Tigger
02 Blackbird
75 GT380
IBA #33180

HappyMan

Thanks guys.  As I stated before, I'm really not worried about it.  Just getting to know the bike.  Being that I can only run the bike for limited times and the warranty is up in April I want to make sure all is taken care of.  No worries and thanks again.