News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

New one checking in.

Started by sgt-pluck, April 24, 2008, 08:26:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sgt-pluck

Hello all,

Sold my GS the other day, sold the DR and picked up an immaculate black 995i for very good money.  Couldn't be more pleased with it!  It's my first triple, first Triumph in fact and it's awesome.  Better than my old 1150 in just about everyway except ergo's but bar-risers already ordered, and I wonder if the GS handled marginally better in the corners although I'm still learning the bike.  

Anyway - loads of questions coming up from me - so in the meantime - hello  :D

Pluck

Bruincounselor

Quote from: "sgt-pluck"Hello all,

Sold my GS the other day, sold the DR and picked up an immaculate black 995i for very good money.  Couldn't be more pleased with it!  It's my first triple, first Triumph in fact and it's awesome.  Better than my old 1150 in just about everyway except ergo's but bar-risers already ordered, and I wonder if the GS handled marginally better in the corners although I'm still learning the bike.  

Anyway - loads of questions coming up from me - so in the meantime - hello  :D

Pluck

Welcome aboard  :D
Bruin\'

sanjoh

Welcome aboard.

Have you turned in your BMWMOA card?
01 Tiger
00 XR650R
84 VF1K
05 R6

John Stenhouse

Well done SGT Pluck, another convert to the cause
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

HockleyBoy

Welcome, I am sure you will enjoy your new bike. :D
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

paulie

welcome! you'll love it more, the more you ride it.

this has been my experience so far, with having put on less than 2 thousand miles on my (new to me) Tiger thus far.

Congrats!  :wink:
Current Bike: 2005 Tiger in Silver.
Former Bike (also my first): 1980 KZ650

TigerTrax

Sgt..
Your observation on cornering is probably correct. Triumph seems to trip all over themselves in critical areas... suspension and braking. But a few tweeks and you'll be very pleased. Throw some emulator cartriges in the forks.

Watch your brake pads closely... especially rear.

Rear shock... it can use some improvement... but $500 - $800 is not what most folks are up for ...

The windscreen has some faults for most riders.. lots of turbulence.
Wind comes over the top a little low and around the sides, up your arms, and under the helmet.  

But other than that... it is truly a hard bike to beat. I compare it to the likes of a Kawasaki Concours ( Pre-2007). Inexpensive to buy, lots of fun for the buck; Not a lot of aftermarket; Almost worthless on resell or trade; Keep it a long time. ( I do believe 2001 -2006 will be in higher demand over the next few years ).
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'