News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

dip in charging voltage

Started by Bixxer Bob, June 14, 2009, 11:31:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bixxer Bob

During a run out today, had to pull over and stop when another rider had a small snag.  anyway, he got going again so I went to start my bike.  It turned over slowly, fired up, showed about 10.8 volts then cut out, wouldn't tick over.  Started her again and kept the revs on with the throttle till we were under way.  Volts around 11.0, then fuel warning light came on and gauge stopped working.  After a few minutes the light went out, the gauge came up and voltmeter back to 12.5 volts (I know it should be higher but I need to get round to connecting the meter direct to the battery, not a live on the clock cluster, just haven't done it yet). She was then fine for the rest of the day.

I don't know what was going on, but I'm off to fine a bucket of sand to bury my head in..... :roll:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

dewd

Sorry I don't have a definitive answer, but I would check connections in the charging system.  I have recently had the stator/rectifier connection overheat and fry which caused some strange things, not system failure, but fuel gauge light coming on and going off and dips in voltage. After I fixed the connection, things seem to be good. (for now at least)
2002 Triumph Tiger 955i Roulette Green (newest to me, fastest color)
2006 Triumph Bonneville T100
1999 Honda XR250R
2006 Ducati Monster 620(in Garage)
1971 Triumph T120R bobber (sold)
1979 Honda CR250R Elsinore-Screamer(sold)