News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Spain - Late April 2009

Started by Jacqueslemac, July 15, 2008, 10:08:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacqueslemac

Okay, I know it's still a long way away, but planning's half the fun, right?

I'm looking to do a trip to Coruna on the north-western tip of Spain at the end of April next year. Rough route is Calais - round the west side of Paris - through the Massif - Carcassonne - over the Pyrenees - along the Picos - last bit along the coast. I'm planning on coming home a slightly more direct route.

I'll be avoiding motorways (and no tolls if I can help it), camping and cruising slowly enough to enjoy the scenery. No more than 300 miles a day on the way there.

I'm familiar with France (Carcassonne used to be a regular haunt of mine), but haven't been to Spain.

Any ideas about which passes might still be closed?
Any suggestions about what to see/avoid in that northern section of Spain?

And... would anyone else like to come along?

pit0rz

Quote from: "Jacqueslemac"Okay, I know it's still a long way away, but planning's half the fun, right? ... And... would anyone else like to come along?

If you can figure out a way to clear it with my better half, I would LOVE to!  :D (And you'll be regarded as one of the craftiest sumnabitches out der)
Steve P.
'03 Tiger - Luci

Jacqueslemac

Here's how it worked with me:

My in-laws decided to take my wife and her daughter on a cruise to celebrate said daughter's 21st birthday. The cruise starts in Bermuda, crosses the Atlantic via the Azores, stops off in Coruna and then heads back to Britain.

I said "That's lovely. Why don't I pop down to Coruna and meet you there for a meal?" (After all, it's only a 3,000 mile round trip.)

She says "That would be lovely. I won't have seen you for a fortnight, so it would be nice to see a familiar face."

Job done!

Jacqueslemac

I've just had the dates confirmed.

I need to be at la Corunna on the evening of Thursday 30th April and can leave again on the afternoon of Friday 1st May.

I reckon that means leaving the UK 25th/26th April and arriving back home around 6th May (or earlier if it's by ferry).