News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Tiger Stalling

Started by recliffo, August 06, 2008, 02:20:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

recliffo

I have a 95 Tiger it was running great. Now when I start it and shift to first gear, the bike lunges forward and stalls. It seems as though it not getting in to gear. Anybody have any suggestions? Thanks for the help.

Dr. Mordo

Sounds like the clutch is gone to me.  Does the clutch lever feel different from usual?
1999 BMW F650

1996 Tiger

recliffo

Clutch feels the way it always has. Any way to check or adjust something?

Kiwi Tiger

Clutch.  May need adjusting.  On my 955i its very fine between ok and not good at all.
Silver 2006 955i Tiger

recliffo

What do I do to adjust this. Thanks

Kiwi Tiger

On the lever there is a wheel locking ring.  Loosen this.  Then wind out the inner bolt, say 1/2 turn. Then re tighten locking ring.  NB   This is the one that the clutch cable goes through.
Silver 2006 955i Tiger

Dr. Mordo

I'd say if the lever feels the same the problem isn't hydralic, but could be that the clutch disc is worn away.

Or it could just need adjustment.
1999 BMW F650

1996 Tiger

Mustang

Quote from: "recliffo"I have a 95 Tiger it was running great. Now when I start it and shift to first gear, the bike lunges forward and stalls. It seems as though it not getting in to gear. Anybody have any suggestions? Thanks for the help.

Sounds like the kickstand switch to me  :shock:

recliffo

How can I ckeck the kick stand switch, adjust it or by-pass it (jumper it out). Thanks for the help all, need to get back riding soon.

Mustang

there are three wires coming from the sidestand switch you want to see continuity across the two oute pins in the weatherpac connector with an ohm meter when the stand is up . there is also a relay on the frame at the left rear of the gas tank that goes with the circuit too , it allows the stand to be down when in nuetral .
jump the black and the green wire at the stand switch connection (the female side )

this is the relay for the side stand , you can get a replacement at auto zone

this is the connector you want to jump the two outer wires , use a paper clip and the system will think the stand is up .