News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Introduction

Started by CrazyTed, August 12, 2008, 07:17:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrazyTed

Well, found this board by accident when I was looking around at prices of used Tigers.  
I have a 97 Tiger 900 Chili Pepper Red.  It has just under 11,000 miles on it and I bought it as a leftover from a Harley dealer in either late 99 or early 2000 in Virginia Beach, VA.  I used to ride it as a daily commuter bike.  It had the sprague clutch replacement way back then.  
I was involved in a car accident and had to park her in 2005.  I am now back on the bike and after cleaning the carbs she runs just as good as new.  I ride it in our poker runs and rides on the weekends.  Really love the looks you get when people can't figure out what the heck kind of bike it is.  
She's only been on the ground once when a car decided to drop its transmission pan in front of me at about 15 mph.  Slid out on the right side, breaking the mirror, blinker, brake peddle and scratching some stuff.  Never could find replacement body parts.  
Have thought about selling her to move up to a Rocket 3 Touring as the wife is needing something more comfortable to ride on after medical issues.  
Just thought I'd drop by and say hello.
CrazyTed
Va Beach, VA
97 Tiger 885 Chili Pepper Red
06 KTM 450 EXC

Kiwi Tiger

Welcome Ted.  And welcome back to riding.  Im sure there a good many miles available in your Tiger.  My wife says our Tiger is one of the most comfortable bikes she has been on.
Silver 2006 955i Tiger

CrazyTed

Thanks.  My wife didn't mind the ride before her medical stuff.  Since then, she can't be on the back for more than an hour.  Took her up to NJ to Freehold Honda for a Triumph ride day and we rode the crap out of a Rocket 3 Touring edition.  No pain for her so it looks like the way to go when I win the lottery....
CrazyTed
Va Beach, VA
97 Tiger 885 Chili Pepper Red
06 KTM 450 EXC

Kiwi Tiger

There are many ways to skin a cat.  Im sure you will find a way to get the right bike for you guys to enjoy.
Silver 2006 955i Tiger

Dr. Mordo

Welcome to the forum.
1999 BMW F650

1996 Tiger

HockleyBoy

Hi Ted,
Welcome to the forum.
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

HappyMan

Welcome to the forum Ted!!
Life is hard.  It\'s even harder if you\'re stupid. - John Wayne

Life\'s too short......Let\'s ride! - HappyMan

http://ridedualsport.com