News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Best Place for Parts

Started by offtheback, September 23, 2008, 04:24:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

offtheback

I am looking for the most reliable place to get parts for my 95 steamer.  I ordered parts from Bike Bandit on Sept 6th and I still do not have them!  I was told 8 - 10 days to them and after multiple inquiries all they tell me is that they are in transit to them...  Is there anyone else out there quicker?

Greg
Cheers,
Greg

96 Tiger (some farkles)

"It\'s not tragic to die doing what you love!"  Patrick Swaze as Bodie in Point Break

Mustang

Nope and most of the dealers are just as slow .
You see the problem lies in the fact that the parts come out of a warehouse in CA that Triumph owns , they ship to bike bandit or the dealers and it takes two weeks , then bike bandit or your dealer ships them to you .
Average time for parts from bike bandit is 3-4 weeks they are slow but they do produce ......
and before Tiger Trax can say Baxter Cycle , I will ,they are good but they don't always have what you want either !
The steamers  have been out of production for ten years man !

What do you need ....I might have it !

offtheback

I probably should have asked you about the parts...  I am waiting on the alternator cush drive bushing...  I am going to have to do the DAR on the clutch side this winter and will need that special tool to hold the clutch.  Willing to rent it if you have one lying around??  I guess the bushing should be here one of these days.  It just kills me when they tell you 8-10days to them and then another 2 if you pay for express shipping (which I did) and still no parts or explanation...  I will just have to be patient or not take the bike apart until I have the parts needed.. :twisted:

Greg
Cheers,
Greg

96 Tiger (some farkles)

"It\'s not tragic to die doing what you love!"  Patrick Swaze as Bodie in Point Break

JetdocX

The dealer told me that the magical warehouse is located in Georgia, not California.   Augusta, IIRC.
From parts unknown.

Mustang

Quote from: "JetdocX"The dealer told me that the magical warehouse is located in Georgia, not California.   Augusta, IIRC.
That's the West Coast dealer reply the East Coast answer is CA. LOL :D

Quote from: "offtheback"I probably should have asked you about the parts...  I am waiting on the alternator cush drive bushing...  

I think I have one .........
#20 in the pic  ? $1.88 from bike bandit

offtheback

That is the part!! I tried calling you but the number I have is not working.. Please give me a call and we can work something out??

719 648 8724

Greg
Cheers,
Greg

96 Tiger (some farkles)

Mustang

Sorry , I looked I used it on a job a few weeks ago .

offtheback

Ahh so close...  Anyway, which part #'s on list that goes with the diagram you posted is for the upgraded spindle and bolt for the dar repair.  This way I will get all the parts I need for my next repair, hopefully..

Greg
Cheers,
Greg

96 Tiger (some farkles)

Dr. Mordo

I want to add that Baxter has had some pretty obscure parts in stock - fairly unusual stuff like the speedo cable and the tiny screw that holds in the odometer reset knob.  I have ordered other stuff from them and the only things they didn't have were the diaphragms for the carbs, because they were sold out of them.  I still had the parts within a week.  As far as I can tell Bike Bandit keeps absolutely nothing in stock, so the wait will always be long, while Baxter at least might have it.  I'm done with BB for OEM Triumph parts.
1999 BMW F650

1996 Tiger

offtheback

Thanks for all the information.  I was able to score the parts at a dealer in Denver.  I should have exhausted the local dealers before ordering.  I will try Baxter the BB last for sure next time..

Cheers,
Greg
Cheers,
Greg

96 Tiger (some farkles)