News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Few new upgrades for my 06 Tiger

Started by birddogone, January 11, 2014, 12:16:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

birddogone

After over a year and a little over 7000 miles I made a few upgrades to my Girly. I replaced the original rectifier with an Electosport and while I was at it, I did the bypass on the wiring harness. Big difference in the volts while heated grips high beams and driving lights are on at idle, now a little over 13.1V instead of 12.3V. The chain had about 15,000 miles on it so I replaced it with pretty gold one.  :bad The sprockets still looked really good so I'll save that for next time. My old chain had stretched a lot and had a number of links that binded. Sure spins smoothly now and quiet!
Anyway, no need for pictures most here have already done all these things.
2006 Caspian Blue Tiger

"If it doesn't run on fossil fuel or gun powder I'm not interested"

Mustang

Quote from: birddogone on January 11, 2014, 12:16:55 AM
:bad The sprockets still looked really good so I'll save that for next time. My old chain had stretched a lot and had a number of links that binded.
:nono that's exactly how to reduce the life of your new chain
even though the sprockets looked good they were worn to match the stretched chain  :nod

JTT

Quote from: Mustang on January 11, 2014, 12:59:06 AM
Quote from: birddogone on January 11, 2014, 12:16:55 AM
:bad The sprockets still looked really good so I'll save that for next time. My old chain had stretched a lot and had a number of links that binded.
:nono that's exactly how to reduce the life of your new chain
even though the sprockets looked good they were worn to match the stretched chain  :nod

Ditto. Words from a wise man.  :nod
2003 955i Tiger
2005 KLR
1970 T100C

cba191

And compared to a chain, sprockets are cheap.
'02 Tiger.  She's the awesome sauce

Sin_Tiger

:iagree  never change the chain due to wear without chasing the skyrockets, wear on any of the three components is inextricably linked to the others.

While you are at it, fit a Scotoiler or similar, you will recover the cost of the investment within 20k and probably the costs of your new drive train within 50k not to mention the smoother running all through its life and the added confidence on longer trips.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

rf9rider

Chasing the skyrockets?  :icon_lol:

Wot u bin smokin man  :pimp

Mustang

sin's smartphone never graduated from auto correct class.  :augie

Sin_Tiger

By pure coincidence I was sat in an Arab coffee shop with a shisha pipe (seriously) so you did catchme out there  :icon_redface:

It's my phone trying desperately translate from Scottish and if you think that's bad you should hear me talking Mustang  :icon_razz:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Mustang

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on January 11, 2014, 05:40:15 PM
By pure coincidence I was sat in an Arab coffee shop with a shisha pipe (seriously) so you did catchme out there  :icon_redface:

It's my phone trying desperately translate from Scottish and if you think that's bad you should hear me talking Mustang  :icon_razz:

roll your 'R's do ya ?

birddogone

Hey Fellas, Oh well, it won't be the first time I screwed myself.....    :) Next time I'll know better.    :hat10
2006 Caspian Blue Tiger

"If it doesn't run on fossil fuel or gun powder I'm not interested"