News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Adjustable clutch lever

Started by kpmunt, February 03, 2009, 04:28:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kpmunt

Anybody know of a replacement clutch lever that reduces the reach a bit?  On my 01 the reach is about to the max of my hand and borders on being uncomfortable.  Any ideas?

blacktiger

Take a look at the ones on a 08/09 Scrambler.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

walker

scrambler / bonneville clutch levers won't fit (already tried that one!). The brake lever will though.

What I did - I just adjusted the lever so that it starts to engage about 1" from the grip - so to fully disengage it, you have to hold it against the grip... which I do anyway. At the end of the travel, there will be some "slop" - because the factory / official settings are free play at the other end.

Basically - I figure it like this - as long as when I squeeze the lever it's fully disengaged, and when I release it is fully engaged - and there is enough room to adjust using the adjuster at the lever - then, it's set correctly.

try setting it closer to the grip?

Robbie

this adds a bit to Walkers post
http://www.triumphrat.net/tiger-workshop/11448-clutch-lever-botch-job-long.html

slack lever works but still not held where it was needed

I am still running this setup
Robbie and Mohan the original silver Tiger

walker

nice find robbie! I never considered doing that!