News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Voltmeter

Started by 97tiger885, October 13, 2008, 09:31:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

97tiger885

I have installed the DigitalMeter.com voltmeter.  These are the numbers I am gettng: 14.2 @ 3000 rpms, 13.2 at idle, 12.1 with power on and engine off.  Are these numbers acceptable?  At what number should I stop trying to start the mc to prevent destroying the sprag clutch?

Mustang

Those #'s are very good for a steamer .
When the speed of the crankin begins to slow you need a boost from a better source of 12 volts . ie jumper cables and a car batt
If you are going to run all winter you should think about getting it rejetted as it will start much faster with some jetting tailored for cold weather .
it's the continuous cranking and then the thing is going real slow and when it catches but not quite starts from not enough crank speed ......... That's  the magic moment when you are destroying the spring in the sprag clutch

JetdocX

Quote from: "Mustang" That's  the magic moment when you are destroying the spring in the sprag clutch

I love that last statement! :lol:  Does your bottom begin to feel funny when the "magic moment" arrives???? :shock:
From parts unknown.

Mustang

Quote from: "JetdocX"I love that last statement! :lol:  Does your bottom begin to feel funny when the "magic moment" arrives???? :shock:

Only if I don't get a kiss first  :love10  :ImaPoser

97tiger885

Quote from: "Mustang"Those #'s are very good for a steamer .
When the speed of the crankin begins to slow you need a boost from a better source of 12 volts . ie jumper cables and a car batt

The idea of using a jump from my truck battery had occurred to me.  Your suggesting it seals it for me.  Thanks.

+++++
Jon