News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Post Turtle

Started by Bixxer Bob, October 20, 2008, 08:22:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bixxer Bob

Taken the Radio in the UK this morning (and it is not my intention to cause offence, or start a huge political debate, I just thought it was funny, that's all, and could be used to describe a few people I work with every day):

A doctor and a 75 yr old Texan were discussing politics and, in particular, Sarah Palin. "She's a post turtle" said the Texan.

Intrigued, the doctor asked him to explain. "Well", said the Texan, "When you're driving down the road and you come across a turtle balancing on a fencepost, that's a post turtle".

"You know she didn't get up there by herself. She doesn't belong up there. She doesn't know what to do while she's up there, and you wonder which dumb-ass put her up there in the first place".
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

aeronca

thats funny, i've seen that same email about Barack Hussein Obama.
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

Bixxer Bob

Could apply to about half the management I've ever worked for,  male or female.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

aeronca

thats the truth brother :D  hey just a quick question for you - i love the show top gear, i recently saw an episode where they had to get to (i think) Norway. two of them took a boat, and one drove. the one that drove went through the tunnel to France. my question is, do you have to take the train alway's, or is there a car lane you drive through?  thanks     eric
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

John Stenhouse

Sorry Eric, you always have to take the train, there is  a service tunnel but you can only drive thru that if you work for Eurotunnel!
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

aeronca

thanks for the info, just thought it would be kind of neat to drive through something like that, but, oh well.     eric
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

John Stenhouse

Have you ever done any of the alpine tunnels? Frejus between France and Italy is something like 14km long, Mont Blanc almost as long too, they're quite neat to ride through.
While in France go over the Millau suspension bridge that's awesomely high.
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

abruzzi

Quote from: "John Stenhouse"Have you ever done any of the alpine tunnels? Frejus between France and Italy is something like 14km long, Mont Blanc almost as long too, they're quite neat to ride through.
While in France go over the Millau suspension bridge that's awesomely high.

I did a really long one in Switzerland, it started in the south near Italy, and lasted close to 20km until it came out near a lake and not too far from Interlaken.  I don't remember the actual mileage or route, but we were headed to Freiburg Germany.

Geof

Edit:  This one:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L%C3%B6tsc ... ase_Tunnel