News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

RSS Feeds

Started by EvilBetty, November 12, 2008, 06:19:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EvilBetty

Are RSS feeds available for these forums?  If so where can I find the feeds / url's?
There\'s no place like 127.0.0.1

2007 1050 Tiger, Jet Black
SOLD - 2005 955i Tiger, Lucifer Orange - SOLD

EvilBetty

Ok, I'm suspecting no RSS feed ability with phpBB.  Is there any other way to subscribe to the forums to be notified when there is ANY new post or reply?

It's easier for me to read as they come in then comb the forum for new posts.

Stretch

At the bottom of the thread, under the blue 'New Topic' and ' Post Reply' buttons, there is a link in small gray text that reads 'Watch This Topic For Replies'.  Click that and you should receive e-mail alerts about new replies in that topic.

abruzzi

I've thought of hacking in a RSS feed. The problem is the stuff I've seen sucks.  Check the RSS feed on ADVrider.com.  It's a single feed that syndacates every post.  With the number of posts they get, that seems kind of nuts.

I may still do something at some point, but right now I as bit preoccupied with school crap.

Geof

Stretch

I can verify that the 'Watch This Topic' option does work.  I clicked it to test it and got an e-mail alert when Abruzzi made his post above.

EvilBetty

Oh yes, the individual topic subscription works fine.  I have it on by default.

I was looking for a way to subscribe to some or all of the forums... I think Geof knows what I'm looking for.

I've never tried to make it work on phpbb.  Never really played with it till I switch our servers over to vBulletin.

Oh well :)  Thanks!

abruzzi

Ultimately it wouldn't be too hard to code, the biggest problem is wether to learn to write a phpBB module, which looks to be a bit of a pain, or bypass phpBB and go direct to the database.  That would be easy, but it would raise two issues, interpreting the bbcode myself, and integrating the system with the already viewed thing in phpBB.  

I've written RSS syndicators before, so I've got code I could steal somewhere...

Geof