News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

heated grips

Started by abruzzi, November 22, 2008, 02:41:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

abruzzi

Quote from: "Mustang"Andy B has the triumph ones on his red steamer and although they have given up this year on him they are over 10 years old and served him well ! :D

Are these the same ones listed for the girlies?

Geof

Mustang

I honestly don't know if they are the same or not , the triumph site says they are VIN# specific ..............and to check with your dealer .

armadillo76

Quote from: "abruzzi"
Quote from: "Mustang"Andy B has the triumph ones on his red steamer and although they have given up this year on him they are over 10 years old and served him well ! :D

Are these the same ones listed for the girlies?

Geof

Mine is a 96 but the grips are for a Trophy. I think they've been on since 98. Had the Triumph shop wire them up.
AndyB, NH.

abruzzi

Quote from: "armadillo76"Mine is a 96 but the grips are for a Trophy. I think they've been on since 98. Had the Triumph shop wire them up.
AndyB, NH.

A little looking found me this page:

http://www.motorcyclestore.us/triumph/a ... index.html

No-one seems to list grips for the steamer--I guessing it's no longer available. The page above lists two sets for the trophy, depending on vin.  The kicker would be which correlates to my 95 Tiger?  I'll post what I find.

Geof

armadillo76

Quote from: "abruzzi"
Quote from: "armadillo76"Mine is a 96 but the grips are for a Trophy. I think they've been on since 98. Had the Triumph shop wire them up.
AndyB, NH.

A little looking found me this page:

http://www.motorcyclestore.us/triumph/a ... index.html

No-one seems to list grips for the steamer--I guessing it's no longer available. The page above lists two sets for the trophy, depending on vin.  The kicker would be which correlates to my 95 Tiger?  I'll post what I find.

Geof

Sorry, I should have been clearer. No heated grips were offered for the Steamer (AFAIK). For that price you could get the Oxford heaterz ($80?) plus the heat troller (to keep the draw from being full at all settings draining an already weak system). You may be happy just with the Oxford grips from Whitehorse Press.
AndyB, NH, 96 Tiger.