News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

SS1000 in June any suggestions?

Started by REGULATOR, February 12, 2009, 03:16:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mudhen

Quote from: "REGULATOR"Got almost 300 miles before I stopped on my last trip back from Kentucky..  

WOW!  I had no idea fuelies got that sort of mileage.  That's awesome.
\'96 Steamer

TigerTrax

I'd take the Rocket.....
just in case you need to tow a few of those Harleys!

You should stop in Eureka Springs, AR at Cycle Gadgets.

Take the Talimena Scenic Drive ( hwy 59 out of Arkansas, North of Mena;
Takes you into OK where you can pick up Hwy 1 )
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'

REGULATOR

hmmm

I'll keep that in mind, I'll be riding around Tulsa for a few days while there

oxnsox

¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬
  If it ain't Farkled...  don't fix it....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

wasions

Did my first SS about three weeks ago.  Had Deals Gap right in the middle.  Stock seat.  No cruise.  It was much easier than I'd anticipated.
1000 miles averages out to much less than 50 mph if you plan on doing the whole 24.  
We rode at 5 over, had a total of 1 hour 50 minutes off the bike (fill-ups, lunch) and still got in at a little under 20 hours.  The Tiger averaged 49.7 mpg with a slight gearing change to ease the revs at speed.
Steve

Gear up!

<*}}}><

\'06 Tiger, \'99 DR350

Mudhen

Quote from: "wasions"Did my first SS about three weeks ago.  Had Deals Gap right in the middle.  Stock seat.  No cruise.  It was much easier than I'd anticipated.
1000 miles averages out to much less than 50 mph if you plan on doing the whole 24.  
We rode at 5 over, had a total of 1 hour 50 minutes off the bike (fill-ups, lunch) and still got in at a little under 20 hours.  The Tiger averaged 49.7 mpg with a slight gearing change to ease the revs at speed.

NICE!  Congrats!
\'96 Steamer