News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Parts interchangeability questions

Started by JKDGabe, February 17, 2009, 01:54:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JKDGabe

Nice site.  I was lucky enough to get RickV's (99) Tiger.  It needs a shock and front fairing/windshield.  (More, but that will do for now!)  Found a guy with an 06 who has the windshield and stock shock, can anyone advise as to whether or not they'd fit?  Figured I could keep looking for a long time or just ask... thanks for any help given.

Stretch

The windshield will fit, as the 99-06 fairings are almost the same.  But the difference doesn't affect windshield fit.

I'm not so sure about the shock, as the 99-04 models have a different frame and swingarm than the 05-06 models.  Bike Bandit shows two different part numbers for the two shocks, although that doesn't necessarily mean they're not interchangeable.

Sasquatch is our resident suspension guru.. send him a PM and ask him...  http://tigertriple.com/forum/profile.ph ... ofile&u=18