News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

She did it again...the Black Window strikes again

Started by superhauck, March 31, 2009, 03:30:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

superhauck

My never ending saga with the 01 995 Tiger (so-called Black Widow) continues...one stator dead (AUG 08 ), one wiring harness fried bacony crisp (AUG 08 ), one battery dead (SEP 08 ), one "faulty" battery (FEB 09), one new regulator (FEB 09), one new DEAD battery (MAR 09) and finally the new stator...DEAD.

Is anyone interested in purchasing a wonderful ride from a cursed rider (it may be bad salesmanship to claim the bike is cursed!)  37K miles and nearly all new parts...garage kept (lots of the time).

superhauck

Oh eight does not equal happy faces, but it does here for some reason!

Stretch

It was the end parentheses right next to the 8.  I fixed it by adding a space

Sorry to hear about your bike, though.

blacktiger

It has been suggested somewhere on here or other forums that the stator, regulator and battery should all be replaced at the same time because one new bit puts undue stress on the old bits and that'll be why you've got bits going wrong still.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.