News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Girly Front Fairing

Started by Cos, October 16, 2008, 03:20:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cos

Lucy Orange front fairing - well scratched  :lol:

If you're going to sand and paint this, it's structurally just fine and dandy...not cracked or broken or anything.

It's a $300 dollar part IIRC...so how about $130?

EvilBetty

Ever checked to see how much it is to get the repair done?

I have one that is scratched the same way but also cracked.  Not sure if it could be repaired or not.

Also needing a new left side pannier lid in the same color.  Mine shattered.
There\'s no place like 127.0.0.1

2007 1050 Tiger, Jet Black
SOLD - 2005 955i Tiger, Lucifer Orange - SOLD

2004Tiger

Quote from: "EvilBetty"Ever checked to see how much it is to get the repair done? I have one that is scratched the same way but also cracked.  Not sure if it could be repaired or not. Also needing a new left side pannier lid in the same color.  Mine shattered.
If the fairing is FRP you could use one of those small fiberglass repair kits from the auto parts store to patch the crack, sand it, and paint it. In fact, that kit might work on a simple plastic molded fairing, if the resin will stick. I also shattered my pannier lid, right side, black, and can't find a replacement.
2004 Tiger. Black is beautiful. If I don\'t ride a little every day I get a little crazy.

Cos

Quote from: "EvilBetty"Ever checked to see how much it is to get the repair done?

I have one that is scratched the same way but also cracked.  Not sure if it could be repaired or not.

Also needing a new left side pannier lid in the same color.  Mine shattered.

Ooops...i put this on for sale when i put the bike on for sale. I can keep the bike so i'll probably keep the fairing too (if Jetdoc remembers where he put it).

If somebody really needs it though, we can arrange something. Probably should be before end of next week though cause the bike should be on its way to Cyprus by then.

JetdocX

I didn't crate the bike, but I'm told everything is in the crate, mang.

I forgot to put your Haynes manual in there, though. :oops:  :oops:
From parts unknown.

Cos

Quote from: "JetdocX"I didn't crate the bike, but I'm told everything is in the crate, mang.

I forgot to put your Haynes manual in there, though. :oops:  :oops:

I just got the email. No biggie. I need to order the strap for my tankbag anyway, so mebbe you could send the both of em by mail to Cyprus? It shouldn't be very heavy. Besides, i'm good for it. Really.  :occasion14

JetdocX

You get mail there?  Will wonders never cease.... :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Sorry, just playing a bit on the outhouse jokes. :P
From parts unknown.

Cos

Quote from: "JetdocX"You get mail there?  Will wonders never cease.... :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Sorry, just playing a bit on the outhouse jokes. :P

Well, when i say mail, i mean something in the sense of a carrier porpoise.

Then it's all up to the guy in the pushcart.  :lol:

I am sooooo looking forward to seeing my orange piece of crap again.

SERadtke

Any chance this is still available??
Shawn
<((()))><

Stupid people are PROOF that evolution is a hoax!

EvilBetty

If I ever find a mint condition Lucifer Orange fairing, I have a repaired fairing I'm just finishing up painting black (got tired of looking at primer)... if you're still doing the flat black thing, it could easily be dull coated.

I'll post in this forum when I'm ready to get rid of it.

Cos

Quote from: "SERadtke"Any chance this is still available??

It's available, but it's now in Europe.

SERadtke

Thanks for the replies guys.  I can't imagine shipping from Europe that cost effective!:lol:  I think I've found another a little closer to home.
Shawn
<((()))><

EvilBetty

It costs about $80 - $100 to ship a fairing from the UK to the USA  :x

SERadtke

Shawn
<((()))><