News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Which switch?

Started by 97tiger885, April 02, 2009, 09:03:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

97tiger885

MC: '97.  Symptom:  I turn on the ignition, get power, hit the starter button and no starting.  Power remains on.   (This is not the battery problem.)  Solution:  Put the kickstand down and back up, and pull and release the clutch lever. MC starts normally. Guess: The kickstand position sensor switch is going bad or the neutral sensor switch is going bad.  Anybody know where these are located?   Are they readily accessible or does all the plastic and the tank have to come off?  

+++++++
Jon

Mustang

kickstand switch is right at the kickstand , that may be the culprit
if it's the relay it's under the seat on a 96 , see photo

and if it's the neutral switch it's in the sump on the left hand side , accessible by ................................you guessed it ! Dropping the bottom of the motor off , the sump pan

If your neutral lamp is working fine My bet is sidestand switch , easy fix might just need to hose it with wd 40 , the plunger might be sticking

and the clutch switch is on the clutch lever

97tiger885

Thanks.  BTW, the ignition switch under the tank is the same physical switch as the two used for the headlight relays.  So, in emergency, you can remove one of the headlight relays and use it as the ignition relay.

++++++++
Jon