News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Handlebar removal

Started by V.DUBBER, April 09, 2009, 09:52:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

V.DUBBER

A bit of a numpty question, dont laugh! How do I remove the four screws that hold the bars on. Mine (2000 model) has got some sort of very fine spline crome caps or something. They dont appear to lift off easily. I assume they come off somehow to reveal cap head screws? Are these specific to the 885 modlel or are all girlies the same?

Stretch

Use a small screwdriver to lift the caps.  Underneath are 6mm allen screws.

iansoady

All the allen screws should have them - they're a nice little finishing touch, but the chrome finish doesn't seem to last long.

Mine puzzled me for a while as well.
Ian.

1931 Sunbeam Model 10
1999 Honda SLR650

flux

Rip those covers off with a screwdriver and throw them in the trash.  They are the sole reason for why a Tiger is so damned top heavy.   8)

DRB Imagery

I noticed a significant reduction in wind drag with them on, which equates to having at least one more cylinder on that amazing engine!!

flux

That very well could be!  I never get outta first gear so I have no firsthand experience on the subject.   :lol: