News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Fork swap

Started by DRB Imagery, April 21, 2009, 12:20:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DRB Imagery

Im just wondering if anyone has ever swapped out their forks for something more tunable or better in the dirt???,,,or are the emulators and springs the way to go ?

D

The Kurgan

Read the following e-mail I received from Traxxion. If you have the money, this is the ONLY way to go and get amazing results.

John,

We do have an AK20 kit for the 05 Tiger with fork caps that will give you external preload and rebound adjustment. Price for the kit and fork caps is $1149.95, installation is $150 including a full fork rebuild, seals are $25, and return shipping would be around $20. If you bring us the bike, we charge $75 to remove/replace the forks.

We have installed the kit in quite a few Tigers, it dramatically improves the front end on that bike, getting rid of the mushy feeling, controlling brake dive, and improving bump absorption.

Let me know if you have further questions,

Best regards,

Dan

===========================
Champions Choose Traxxion...

Dan Anderson

Internet Sales

Traxxion Dynamics, Inc.
===========================
[size=84]2005 Triumph Tiger 955i (BRG)
-- TOR Can & Tune
-- Dynojet O2 Sensor Bypass
-- Factory Gel Seat, Luggage & Liners
-- Bestem Topbox
-- Bagster Tank bag & Cover
-- R&G Crash Protectors
-- 55w Fog Lights[/size]

JetdocX

Or for around five bills Traxxion can put cartrige emulators in and a stiffer spring.  I'm really happy with my results.
From parts unknown.

flux

I think I'm about to go the poor man's route and replace the stock fork oil with some 15 weight.  If that doesn't work I'm gonna try progressive springs.  

Sanjoh replaced his stock spacers with PVC ones that (I think) he said are 1.5" longer than stock... I sat on his bike a few months ago and the forks don't dive like mine do.

blacktiger

Quote from: "flux"I think I'm about to go the poor man's route and replace the stock fork oil with some 15 weight.  If that doesn't work I'm gonna try progressive springs.  

Sanjoh replaced his stock spacers with PVC ones that (I think) he said are 1.5" longer than stock... I sat on his bike a few months ago and the forks don't dive like mine do.

The stock springs are progressive already and to get less dive just increase the oil level. The air gap at the top acts as an additional progressive spring.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.