News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Temper temper!

Started by Nick Calne, June 08, 2009, 10:26:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick Calne

Having bought an (allegedly) recently and regularly serviced steamer a few months ago, I've been getting down to some maintenance, checking and prep for a bit of farkling.  

- New coils fitted following the advice of a certain Mr Mustang of this parish.  Cured the hesitating engine, runs far better generally...

- Drained the engine of oil, the blackest oil I've ever seen.  It was like crude oil.  Will post a pic soon as seeing is believing.  Recently and regularly serviced? ....hmmmm.  Oh well, fix, forgive and forget...

Which brings me to my point, how damn difficult is it to change the chain and sprockets?!!  How many parts gotta come off? How many tools? How much time?  What were Triumph thinking, the twisted sadists?  Well nearly finished... Just had to come up here and check I was doing the right thing and let off some steam... :BangHead
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

JetdocX

having a center stand makes chain and sprog replacement not quite so painful.  IMO, Tiumph's engineering department is staffed with chipanzees.
From parts unknown.

oxnsox

... kind of appealing thought that...

.... a Tiger designed by Monkeys... :D  :D  :D
¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬
  If it ain't Farkled...  don't fix it....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~