News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Turn Signals

Started by abruzzi, June 14, 2009, 10:35:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

abruzzi

Just an FYI, if you think your steamer turn indicators are a) big and ugly or b) not fleible enough to survive a drop or c) to darn expensive to replace OEM at $48 each and you already dropped the bike damaging one and necessitating replacement, then I have a solution for you.

Buell sells their turn signals for about $15 each.  The rear signals from a Ulysses  fit the front of the steamer almost perfectly.  They are more flexible that the steamer indicators, and smaller and more rounded (though not too small.)  Wiring is simple, just cut the connector off the old signals and splice it to the tow wires coming out of the Buell light.

The rear lights on steamer are a lot less likely to break, but if you are a symmetry freak like me, then get a set of Ulysses front indicators as well as the spacers (the spacers are a seperate $1 part).  These are a near perfect replacement for the stop lights.

The Buell lights have a smaller post that the triumph parts, so you will need new bolts, washers and lock washer.

I'll post pics as soon as I get them taken.

Geof

abruzzi

An here are the pics.

Geof

Stretch

With the exception of the lens color, the Uly indicators are nearly identical to the stock Girly indicators.

On a related note, by sister-in-law's Chinese-made scooter has the exact same indicators.  Must be a pretty popular item from somebody's Universal Parts Bin.   8)

abruzzi

My KTM signals are similar (not exact) too, but the key bit is that Beull seems happy to sell them cheap.  Four signals came out to $68 versus the $200+ triumph would have charget ($48 apiece.)

For those who haven't looked at a steamer closeup, I've added a pic of one of the indicators I removed.

Geof

The Kurgan

Quote from: "abruzzi"An here are the pics.

Geof

That's a huge improvement.

Those are the exact same signals as on my Slovenian made Tomos scooter... and they are not too different from the stock Girly signals.

I'm thinking that there's one Chinese factory producing these for many different manufacturers.
[size=84]2005 Triumph Tiger 955i (BRG)
-- TOR Can & Tune
-- Dynojet O2 Sensor Bypass
-- Factory Gel Seat, Luggage & Liners
-- Bestem Topbox
-- Bagster Tank bag & Cover
-- R&G Crash Protectors
-- 55w Fog Lights[/size]

JetdocX

That looks way better than the clunky squarish things on there now.  I may go out to the garage and break one of mine so I can justify this cool little improvement. :twisted:
From parts unknown.

aeronca

i like them, but i dont know if mudhen will approve :lol:
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!