News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Newcastle england

Started by snakebasket, June 26, 2009, 03:47:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snakebasket

Hi, Planning a trip up to the north of england and want to doa bit of the route done by "The Hairy Bikers" on their northern trip, particulARLY Hard Knot Pass, but any idea what the route they took into Newcastle is called? As you can see in the following response from them by email, they can't remember.

Barrow, Waberthwaite, hard knott pass, penrith, melmerby and over the very
cool high pass (famous for bikers) but I cant remember the name im afraid to
Newcastle.
Have a fun trip.
Best
THE HAIRY BIKERS TEAM

Sin_Tiger

Now that sounds like fun, a sort of cholestoral tour  :lol:

Maybe you should try organising a forum tour just for those of us with facial foliage  :)

I only saw a couple of episodes but it looked like a fun show, off to check You Tube now.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

HockleyBoy

05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: "HockleyBoy"Hartside Pass?

http://www.visitcumbria.com/pen/hartside.htm

Has to be I reckon,  I'm from a village 8 miles from Newcastle and I can't think of a better one.  I've ridden it a few times and it's very good, but not as good as the all-day fried breakfasts at the Hartside Cafe  :lol:

which you can see in the link.....
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

oxnsox

Sounds like that Cafe should be  
            The Heart-side    :lol:

But looks like a nice road, and from the pix popular with Biker Folk
¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬
  If it ain't Farkled...  don't fix it....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

snakebasket

Thanks guys, looks like the road I'm loooking for. Now, just need to take a piccie by the Angel of the North (our foreign friends can google it).

Cheers, Steve