News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

It's a Steamer!!

Started by woodsey, April 21, 2009, 02:17:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nightrunner

Sorry I don't know the micron spec.  You can make an estimate when you get it out and see it.   There are pics of one somewhere.  Cant recall if it was here or Advrider.  There's an ongoing Tiger thread over there.  Search on Tiger fuel filter.   FWIW

Oh and note that fuel line is 5/16".  Most of the aftermarket filters that I have seen are for 1/4" line so FWIW.  I found some neat ones for 5/16 line in the JC Whitney catalog.  Shipping was more than a single filter, but hey, it fit.
Scott

Seeking adventure and peril

nightrunner

OK, found a pic courtesty of Red Menace.  Its that tiny white thing...really.

http://tigertriple.com/forum/viewtopic. ... uel+filter
Scott

Seeking adventure and peril

Sin_Tiger

Thank you  :thumbsup Mercury outboard ones were hidden in the banjo spigots  :roll:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

woodsey

Thanks to everybody who has posted!

Steamer is currently being taken apart and examined......

This will take awhile as Her Ladyship is insuring other jobs are completed first.

Still married, Madam is considering what I should buy her.

Thanks again to all.

Will keep you posted.
Steamers - Never Out of Puff!!!
1998 885 Red

JetdocX

From parts unknown.

Stretch

Quote from: "JetdocX"

Sin_Tiger

:iagree  if we are really honest with ourselves and lest we need reminding  :new_all_coholic
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Milton

Interesting thread.

Confucius say;

"Man who in dog house
usually end up in cat house!"
1992 BMW K100RS 4V 49K Broken but not dead. She shall arise from the ashes!

1998 Triumph Tiger. This bike rocks!

lscarfe

dude no how you feel, I pre- empted my purchase two months prior, with buying a diamond ring, thought that would work a treat, kinda did with the back up of my two boys who are into bikes, although moving over os was looking pretty good at one stage. Although the best selling point to she who must be obeyed seems to be, well look how much free time you'll have while myself and the boys are out riding,! that always works. anyway goodluck with the beast (Bike, not wife).