News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Heading to Barber Museum next week

Started by RT, June 17, 2009, 03:55:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RT

If all goes to plan will be heading north to Barber Museum next week.

Was wondering if anyone had a hotel suggestion (cheap and clean if possible) for staying somewhere near or in Alexander City.  That's are target, then head to museum the next morning.   Coming up from Florida toward  Tuskegee, up 49 maybe all the way to New Site (if not to tired) and back down to Alexander City.
Whatever it is, it\'s better in the wind.  ~Author Unknown

swamper650

Well worth the trip. You will need a full day to take in all the bikes. Though I did Barber to Elfers Fl. in a straight shot.stopping makes more sense. On a recent  walkabout in the Pan handle of Fl. I stayed at the motels at the lesser exits. Example  stayed in Live Oak rather than Lake City. Was able to bargin down from the " Rack" rate. I saved another $5 a night. Always ask to see the room before checking in.......
You don\'t quit riding because you get old...you get old when you quit riding